Sponsored Links :
Obtaining A Mexican Passport
In order to get a Mexican passport, there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill.
One of the requirements for obtaining a Mexican passport is that you have to be living in Mexico or be a resident of the country. The other requirement for naturalizing under the Mexican law for obtaining a Mexican passport is that you have been living in the country for at least 2 years.
As an American national if you want a Mexican passport, you will have to renounce your US citizenship. Dual nationality, as per Mexican law, is only given to Mexicans who were born in Mexico.
Here are the other requirements for obtaining a Mexican passport:
Obtaining a Mexican passport is quite easy if you fulfill all the criteria. If you think that you are eligible for getting a passport, you should apply to Instituto Nacional de Migracion for the same.
- If you were born abroad, one of your parents has to be a Mexican national.
- Any person born in Mexico is automatically entitled to a Mexican citizenship irrespective of what nationality the parents are.
- A person born on a Mexican ship or airplane is entitled to get a Mexican passport.
- Any person whose parent or parents are naturalized citizens of Mexico can obtain a Mexican passport.
- Foreigners who are living in Mexico for a period of 5 years can apply for a Mexican passport.
- A foreigner married to a Mexican can apply for a passport.
- Foreigners must be able to read and write Spanish in order to apply for a Mexican passport.
More Articles :